The Strategic Independent: Book Outline
This piece is part of a book project to explore the theory and practice of independent consulting.
Chapter 1: The Strategic Independent
- The Strategic Independent (4,735 words)
- Narrative Institutions (in draft)
Chapter 2: Finding Work
Chapter 3: Bridging The Gap
- Workshops as Portals (2,766 words)
- The Anguish of Talking about Money (in draft)
Chapter 4: Effective Strategy Work
Chapter 5: Ways of Seeing
- The Consultant's Grain (2,583 words)
- Ways of Seeing (3,838 words)
- How (and why) to roll your own frameworks in consulting engagements (5,075 words)
Chapter 6: Yes! And...
Chapter 7: Kairos Consulting
- Kairos consulting part 1 - The Consultant Out of Time (in draft)
- Kairos consulting part 2 - The Jigsaw of Independence (in draft)
Chapter 8: The Inner Life of Consultants
- I, Consultant (2,700 words)
- Compound Narrative (in draft)
Scenes from Consulting
Little dialogue snippets - “plays” from consulting. Consulting scenes.
Dialogue is real and tangible, how to make it interesting and engaging? Sales dialogue would be useful.
Consultant: Here’s the report1
Note the status switch here. ↩
Thanks for reading. This post is part of my book project The Strategic Independent: Theory & Practice for Independent Consultants.
Join the email list to get updates on new posts (~ monthly emails)