What I'm working on now, inspired by Derek Sivers
Location: Brooklyn, NY.
My personal mantra: move. think. create.
I’ve been interested in the web, in writing and storytelling since I was young. I enjoy hanging out at the intersection of digital art, science fiction, bike riding, digital media, blogging, strategy consulting, the beauty of mathematics and the essential joy of exercise.
Here’s what I’m up to right now:
- I run an independent consulting studio - specializing in media design, delivering high fidelity consulting through strategy & stewardship.
- Connecting with and helping other independent folks building their own freelance/consulting pratice. See here: the consultant’s grain & a fieldguide for independent consultants
- In 2019 my goal is to write a book - working title “The Strategic Independent” all about what it’s like as a consultant to work on the fringes. Theory and practice and the inner game of how it feels. The book outline is here.
- Focusing on my blogging as an increasingly important and deliberate practice of networking and community.
- Being present and full of life for my 3 year old daughter.
- Co-creating an art business for Brooklyn artists with my partner Erin
- Since the beginning of 2019 I’ve been training in Kung Fu again at bkwingtsun.com which feels great.
- One day, maybe, launching a science fiction publishing company
In the past I’ve done a lot of conference speaking - I’m open to new speaking opportunities so get in touch if you have an event you’d like me to speak at.
I’m always looking to grab coffee with interesting people so get in touch: [email protected]
Last updated April 2019
Inspired by Derek Sivers and The /Now Movement