What I'm working on now, inspired by Derek Sivers
Location: Brooklyn, NY.
My personal mantra: move. think. create.
I’ve been interested in the web, in writing and storytelling since I was young. I enjoy hanging out at the intersection of digital art, science fiction, bike riding, digital media, blogging, strategy consulting, the beauty of mathematics and the essential joy of exercise.
Here’s what I’m up to right now:
- I run an independent consulting studio - specializing in media design, delivering high fidelity consulting through strategy & stewardship.
- Writing a book: The Strategic Independent. I’ve written about ~35k words on my blog here and have another ~20k in draft.. Expect this to become real in 2020.
- Focusing on my blogging as an increasingly important and deliberate practice of networking and community. Experimenting with blogchains
- Starting a near-futures research studio and consultancy with Brian Dell: Little Futures
- Being present and full of life for my 4 year old daughter and months-old son.
- Co-creating an art business for Brooklyn artists with my partner Erin
- Since the beginning of 2019 I’ve been training in Kung Fu again at bkwingtsun.com which feels great (currently on pause while I have my hands full with a newborn)
- Beginnging to sketch out a walk-able sci-fi story called Glitch Gowanus
- One day, maybe, launching a science fiction publishing company
In the past I’ve done a lot of conference speaking - I’m open to new speaking opportunities so get in touch if you have an event you’d like me to speak at.
I’m always looking to grab coffee with interesting people so get in touch: [email protected]
Last updated Feb 2020
Inspired by Derek Sivers and The /Now Movement