The Malcontents Episode 3
How Content Works
The Malcontents is a podcast all about the world of content (whatever that means, maybe we’ll get to that in a future episode). For now we’re having fun discussing recent news and stories in the media/content landscape.
This episode Sean and I spend our time talking about how the sausage is made in the business of content by looking at some of the infrastructural effects of Facebook and the underbelly of modern media. Fun times!
Get the show here:
Or listen directly to episode 3 on Anchor.fm here:
- Bribes for blogs - we discuss this piece in detail and trace the roots all the way back to the underbelly of the SEO world.
- Worth noting that while this story is good it mostly overlooks the SEO implications and motivations. In fact this has been happening for a very long time. Here’s a story from 2013 in the UK.
- Hi. I still exist y’all - we discuss this post and the impact Facebook has on indie voices and sites.
- Facebook is banning women for calling men scum - This crazy story of moderation gone wild at Facebook helps us understand a little of how the machine works…
- Finally - our pick of the week:
Finally - in case direct mp3 downloads are your thing here’s a link to the episode file.
All feedback welcome! Drop a note on Twitter or in the comments below. See you next time.